Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday's with Dorie: White Chocolate Brownies

This week, Marthe of Culinary Delights chose White Chocolate Brownies.  Doesn't it look good?


Now, besides this not resembling a brownie at all, I thought it was quite delicious.  Take a look at the ingredients:



What brownie has fruit in it or a meringue on top?  None other that I have tried.  I liked this recipe because it was unique, easy and tasty.


There was one itsy, bitsy problem though.  See the picture above?  It's not done at all.  Either the time or the temperature is written incorrectly in the book.  I'd say this brownie need about 60 minutes at 325--not  30 -35 minutes!


Unfortunately, I was heading out the door to a BBQ when I discovered this problem.  When it finally finished baking, I grabbed the pan and the camera and headed to our neighbors' new house.  I quickly took a picture at the BBQ, but felt silly doing so in front of a bunch of people I didn't know.  The blurry picture above was the result.

Please check out Marthe's blog to see how her brownies turned out and to get the recipe!

15 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Nice.

I didn't put the meringue on mine

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Don't be shy about taking pictures in front of others! :) What a great intro to food blogging for them!

Christina and Jacob said...

It was too late when I realized they weren't done, too. Definitely need to modify the timing on the recipe.

Cindy said...

It was a yummy treat but did require extra cooking. I omitted the meringue and added an orange glaze! Delish.

Tia said...

the color in your berries really pops out!

i changed the recipe into Salty Sweet Brown Butter Frosted Milk Choc Brownies! yours look yummy.

alvarosa said...

I can perfectly understand the "taking pictures in front of others problem" - event though from a rational point of view I know there's no need to be shy about...

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

I had to bake mine longer too. I agree such a unique recipe! YUM!

Marthe said...

Pretty!! I still feel slightly embarrassed when I photograph my food in front of people I don't know, my friends have now gotten used to it though... Thanks for baking with me this week!

Pamela said...

Hope it was enjoyed by everyone at the BBQ.

Paula said...

I have just about given up taking pictures in front of people, especially hungry ones. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Don't think I could ever be a wedding photographer.

Carson said...

I'm pretty sure that if I did Tuesdays with Dorie I would weigh 300 pounds, since I have no self-control when it comes to sweets.

I like to vicariously bake by reading about what you make each week, though.

Hindy said...

At least they were done in the end. I find that people are curious when I pull out my camera. And it gets a few new readers to the blog!

Melissa B said...

Janell, can you believe that I'm actually keeping up on my blog (thanks to the help of my husband) for the first time in my life?! Hey, this stuff looks good! Can you cook for me the next time you're in town? I miss you!!! Hope we can see each other sometime soon in the future!

Sarah said...

This sounds and looks delicious! I'm going to have to check out the recipe, because I've never even heard of anything similar. I'll make sure to adjust the time though!

Media SEO said...

Tried this today and came out so so good. thanks for the perfect recipe. Am just loving the taste



Healthy brownie recipe