As you can tell from the title, this should be a loaf cake, but I really wanted to try out my mini-bunt pans. It also makes it easier to give part of it away to friends and neighbors. I just might use them next week too.
I couldn't decide if it looked better with the top open showing the jelly filling or covered in chocolate. What do you think?
Now, on to the most important part: how did it taste? The answer: marvelous! I love this recipe and I know I will use it over and over again. This cake is rich and moist with silky smooth frosting. What is the secret ingredient you ask? It's sour cream. I think by itself the cake would be great, but what makes it outstanding is the jelly filling. I chose cherry and, my friends, the combination was absolutely divine.
Thank you Amy Ruth, of Amy Ruth Bakes for choosing a simple, yet fabulous TWD recipe. Please stop by her blog. You will be able to find the recipe there and you'll want to have this one...if you haven't already been convinced to buy Baking: From My Home to Yours that is!
12 comments:
great job! yum is right.
I did 2 cakes because I liked it so much! Bundt and Loaf
Janell, I loved that you made the "share-able." That always saves me on the calorie burner. he he
They look delicious and I am thrilled that you liked this weeks recipe. How about a small pile of fruit in the middle? Scrumptious. Thank you for baking along with me this week.
AmyRuth
They both look great!!! So glad you enjoyed this! I loved it too! Send me your email address and I will invite you to join rue la la!
Eithr way works for me. It was a dense, chocolaty, delicious cake. And sooo easy. Sour cream kept it nice and moist.
The mini bundts are gorgeous! I'd definitely use them next week too. I made that one in a large bundt.
Cute mini bundt cakes--very dressy! I used cherry too.
So cute, mini bundt pans. Wish I would have thought of it!
They both work for me. It was sweet of you to think of sharing this. I just want it all to myself. Yummy cake.
Amy Ruth's idea about fruit in the middle is a good one. My guys would say whipped cream. Nice way to share.
Those mini bundt pan would make any baker excited! How cool!
Your minis looks wonderful. Im glad you enjoyed them.
Love the mini bundt cake, and it sure looks really yum!
"There's a hole in the cake!" (My Big Fat Greek Wedding) I prefer the bundt hole not covered.
Post a Comment