Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday's with Dorie: Low and Lush Chocolate Cheesecake

This cheesecake deserves an A+, but only after it has been in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.  Dorie suggests leaving the cheesecake in the fridge for at least eight hours and up to three days.  I think it tastes better the longer it has to chill.





My first impression (after patiently waiting eight hours) was that it was way too rich, and that I would have to give it away.  After giving it a second chance, I changed my mind and it was gone before you know it.




The kiddos and hubby loved it too!  Thank you, Tea Lady, of Tea and Scones for choosing this recipe!  Be sure to stop by her blog for the recipe, and to read her take on the cheesecake.

5 comments:

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Yum, yum and yum. I salivate every time I look at your food pics. You always do such a great job at presentation as well. : )

The Mortensens said...

Thanks Michelle! You should see other people pictures--their cheesecake actually looks chocolatey. Oh well, at least it tasted good!

Susan said...

Your cheesecake looks fabulous! So pretty.

Pamela said...

Looks great and it I see you added some yummy looking hot fudge sauce. Nice touch!

TeaLady said...

Looks perfect. Glad you enjoyed it in the end.

Thanks for baking with me this week.