Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday's with Dorie: My Favorite Pecan Pie


I was worried about this week's recipe.  I love pecan pie, and I didn't want to ruin it by adding too many other things to it.  Well it turns out that this recipe is absolutely delicious (espresso powder omitted)!  I cannot wait until my husband comes home to try it.  I had to convince him to try regular pecan pie.  He thought it didn't sound good.  After I got him to taste it, he loved it!  I think he'll love this one too.

Thanks to Beth of Someone's in the Kitchen with Brina for choosing this recipe!

As short as this post is, I have to go.  Someone keeps calling, "Mommy, I want some more!"  And I don't want him to wake up the little one.

Side note:  After the little one woke up, I let him have some pie.  After what I thought was a reasonable amount (it was almost dinnertime after all), I told him he couldn't have anymore.  I think he threw a tantrum for at least a half an hour.  I guess that mean it's good!

2 comments:

TeaLady said...

Sounds like it was a hit. Did the hubs end up liking it?

Looks pretty.

The Mortensens said...

Thanks! Yes, he loved it. It'll be our new standard pecan pie!