A couple of weeks before Christmas, we attended the USAA Christmas party. Where do you host a party for a company that employs 14,000 people? At the Alamodome, of course! I don't know exactly how many people showed up, but I heard someone throw out the figure of 6,000. There were a lot of people, that's for sure.
I was really impressed with the organization of such a large event. They had shuttles running from USAA to the Alamodome, they also had 2,000 free parking spaces reserved downtown. There was all kinds of entertainment from ballroom dancers, a mentalist, and bands to The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory samples and gambling. The food was great and there weren't any long lines since there were so many food tables set up. They even had a snow maker, can you see the "snow" in the picture below?
The main event was a concert. This year's band was REO Speedwagon. I didn't know that they were still playing gigs! After all, they would have to be in their late 50s or early 60s by now. Before this party, I was only familiar with their slow love songs like, I Want to Keep On Lovin' You, and Heard It From A Friend Who Heard It From A Friend Who Heard It From A Friend...you know which one I'm talking about, you're probably singing it right now. Anyway, they had a lot of other rock songs, and I thought they still sounded pretty good.
I tried to get some pictures and videos, but none of them turned out really great. I did get a picture of all their guitars. I didn't know they changed guitars so often. It makes sense though--that way they don't have to stop and tune them in the middle of a performance.
We had a lot of fun and can't wait to see what USAA comes up with next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment