I brought him over to the stall and asked him if he had made the mess while checking his pants. In the most pitiful sounding voice, he wailed out, "I can't see my bum!" The voice, the tears, the face--it was too cute to for me to get upset. His one little sentence said it all: I couldn't wipe because I couldn't see what to do; I made a mess because I was trying to wipe my bum, but I got sidetracked; don't be mad at me!
I reassured him that it was okay, and cleaned up the mess with a smile on my face.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are trying to teach Jonathan to use a nice voice when asking for things instead of a whiny or demanding one. I'll often say, for example, "Ask me for a glass of milk in a nice voice." He then replies in a very pleasing-sounding voice, "Nice voice."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to be the secretary in the Baumholder Primay. It would sometimes be necessary for me to go into nursery during church. The nursery leader, Alisa Hatch, told me that Jonathan likes to tell the other kids what they should or should not be doing. (Some call this being bossy while others call it leadership). I didn't quite get the full picture of what she meant until one Sunday when I went in there to help out. The children were supposed to be sitting on the chairs for the lesson, but some had other ideas, like climbing on the table or playing with toys. Jonathan called out to the stray sheep with big wave of his arm, "Come on guys!"
4 comments:
Your family is so cute! Don't children say the funniest/cutest things? I love them.
So cute!! We miss you guys in Baumholder!! Who's going to get those nursery kids to behave NOW??? :) I love that he couldn't see his bum. Poor kid!
Jonathan sound adorable. Kids do say the darndest things. It sounds like you are doing well.
You can't blame the kid can you? What a sweetie.
Post a Comment