Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie: Devil's Food White Out Cake

I cannot wait to make this cake!  It's beautiful and scrumptious looking, and it's plenty high in fat which is why I'm not going to make it...yet.  Landon and I started a new way of eating on Sunday. It includes eating whole grains, veggies, fruits,  lean meats, increasing fiber intake, cutting back on saturated fats, and trying to eliminate high fructose corn syrup and trans-fatty acids (hydrogenated oil) whenever possible.  

We have a cheat day when we can gobble down whatever we like (without going overboard), but I couldn't justify putting the cheat day only one or two days after we began.   Therefore,  I am waiting until Friday to make this cake, and I will date it for today.  I know this is breaking the TWD rules, but that's too bad.  Our health is more important!  

So my dear readers, if you would like to see how it turned out, come back on Saturday to read all about it!

No comments: