Thursday, June 2, 2011

Landon's Birthday

To celebrate Landon's 31st birthday, we went with some friends to Texas de Brazil.  We waited until after Landon's exam was over to celebrate, but it was worth the wait.  The atmosphere and food were fantastic!  Texas de Brazil is a Brazilian BBQ where the waiters are constantly coming around offering you different types of meat  any where from chicken to lamb to filet mignon.  They also had a wonderful salad bar with a lot more than just salad (like shrimp).

There was even an aerialist whose job is to entertain the guests while retrieving wine bottles.  I wonder what the job description looks like:  must be able to swing through air upside down WITHOUT dropping expensive, glass objects.

After dinner, we took a stroll along the River Walk.  We had such an enjoyable time!

I made Landon my own version of Black Forest Cake (his favorite).   I used a chocolate ganache, cherry pie filling, and REAL whip cream.  The kids and I gave him a chest pad for his TKD class and a book called Stretching Scientifically.  It was a fun birthday, even if it was celebrated a week after the fact!




3 comments:

Maree Allred said...

Cake looks great! So have you found out how Landon did on his test yet?

The Mortensens said...

No, not yet. We won't find out for another couple of weeks!

Sarah said...

That cake looks delicious! Black Forest is one of my favorites, but I always just get it from the grocery store!