Wednesday, June 1, 2011

TWD Twofer: Oatmeal Nutmeg Scones and Caramel Pots de Creme

They say the more children you have, the more forgetful you become.  I never wanted to believe that, but lately I've had to wonder.  I've been forgetting names and other seemingly simple things like taking a picture of the Oatmeal Nutmeg Scone I made for last week's TWD recipe.   I thought about snapping that picture plenty of times, but alas, they were long gone before I realized I had neglected to photograph the said treat. I then forgot about to blog about it.  So, I am sorry, Patricia, from Life With a Whisk for not doing a better job of promoting your TWD choice.  Please visit her blog for a picture, and a recipe of the scone.  These were simple enough to make and tasty with a bit of butter and jam.  Personally would have liked a stronger nutmeg flavor, so I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm in the mood for a scone.

Now today's recipe, Caramel Pots de Creme was divine!  The caramel was smooth and deep and the creme was rich and thick.  It's a good thing that each portion size fairly small!  Thank you Peggy from Peggy the Baker for choosing this decadent dessert.  Visit her blog for the recipe!

2 comments:

Peggy the Baker said...

Your pots de creme look beautiful (and I can imagine the oatmeal nutmeg scones in the background!). Thanks for baking with me this week.

TeaLady said...

They were easy to make and delicous. As were the scones. Definitely a repeat on both.