On Erik's actual birthday, we took him to Chik-fil-A. The boys love going there because of the fun indoor play place. He also went fishing with his dad, grandpa and brother at USAA.
After they came home we ate birthday cake and opened presents. I usually make a homemade birthday cake for my kids, but I knew it wasn't going to happen this time around. I'm just glad he loved the Spiderman cake I bought for him.
Of course, it's all about Batman right now!
We then took him to Chuck E. Cheeses on the Saturday following his birthday. What could be more fun than that?
ALL ABOUT ERIK
Erik is a sweet big brother. He has made the transition well. He loves his little sister and likes to hold her. He also enjoys helping her "learn" Tae Kwon Do moves. He loves everything that has to do with Batman. He also like to do forward rolls, cartwheels and other gymnastic moves (even if it means jumping on his head). He likes "do" letters on the starfall.com website and is very good at navigating the cursor with a mouse.
Erik has also learned to defend himself. He pulled out his Tae Kwon Do moves at the park when some older boys were teasing him. He gave them a warning with an outstretched arm and leg along with a mean face. When one of them didn't catch on, and continued to bother him, he kicked him and made him cry. I never, EVER thought I'd want my kid to do this, but this same kid had made him cry unconsolably several months earlier and had sat on him trying to pull a toy out of his hands another time. This boy had also bullied many other children (much to his poor mother's chagrin). So, I was happy that Erik was finally able to take care of himself. The funny part about it all was when I called Erik's name after he made the boy cry, he burst into tears. He really is a tender-hearted boy.
We love you Erik! Happy birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment