It's 8:22 PM on a Tuesday, and I am just now getting this post out. This was a hard one for me. First, I burned the sugar. Now I now it's called "Burnt Sugar Ice Cream, " but I don't think Dorie really wanted the sugar to be burned. It was gross, and I had to start over, but I didn't have enough cream. So off to the store I went.
My second attempt was successful. I then assembled my newly-purchased ice cream maker excited at the prospect of a machine doing all the work.
After what seemed like an eternity, I took out the canister to check on the ice cream. It was unchanged. I decided it wasn't cold enough an that I had to take a more active roll in pouring in the salt and the ice.
Soon after, the motor stopped indicating that the ice cream was done. I opened it up to confirm that it was ready and what do you know? It was! All the effort had finally paid off.
Was all the effort worth it? I would say yes. We all got to enjoy a yummy caramel-flavored ice cream and I learned how to properly use an ice-cream maker.
Thanks to Becky of Project Domestication for choosing such a delightful treat!
5 comments:
Great caramel color! Nice!!
I love your ice cream maker. Where did you get it? I just bought a Cuisinart - my very first ice cream machine.
Your ice cream looks great! I love your ice cream maker... it looks so cool!
Thanks--I bought it at Super Target.
i love your i.c. maker!!! so cute.
i sometimes wish I still had the old ice/salt IC maker. So much fun to make IC in it.
Yours looks just right.
Post a Comment