All during Sacrament Meeting, he kept asking me if it was time to go up he was so full of anticipation. When it was finally time, he marched himself right up to the stand and stood next to the pulpit. It was so fun to watch him up there smiling and so happy. He attempted to sing a few of the words but didn't really know the songs well enough. It didn't matter because I fully enjoyed seeing him up there.
When they were finished singing, he just stood there smiling. I motioned for him to come back down, but he didn't move. Finally Brother Cragun, the first counselor, gently touched him on the shoulder prompting him back to us. We all found it quite amusing.
After church was over, he marched right into the primary room and wished me a Happy Mother's Day and handed me a Starburst and a card he had made during class.
Landon did a fantastic job making it a great day for me too. He made me breakfast in bed, took care of lunch and dinner and cleaned up the kitchen! But by far the best thing I got from him was 48 long-stemmed roses!
Now hold on just a minute there. Before you start wondering how you can get your husband to get you four dozen roses for Mother's Day, there is a story behind this. Landon works with the Boy Scouts. As a fundraiser, they sell flowers on Easter and Mother's Day. Of course Landon ordered a dozen for me. When the event was over, there were extra roses. The men who were there helping the Boy Scouts were given the extra roses to take home. I was super excited because I love flowers, and I've never received more than a dozen before! The smell is strong enough that when I walk downstairs to go to the kitchen, I can smell the roses as I walk by.
This Mother's Day was wonderful. To top everything off, I talked to my Mom on the phone. I am so lucky to have a mother who gave so much of herself to her family. She is a fine example to me of service, love, and dedication.
So, to all women out there, I'd like to wish you a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
1 comment:
What a fun post! Thanks for sharing about Jonathan going up to sing with the Primary for Mother's day. How precious.
It's so exciting when your children start growing up. I can still remember when my oldest gave her first talk in Primary, and she's turning 28 this year. I still LOVE working in Primary, because I love working with the children.
Post a Comment