These delightful biscuits were chosen by Melissa of Love At First Bite. What is the secret ingredient that makes these biscuits almost like a dessert? Heavy cream. Yes, you read that correctly, and that is why you will love these biscuits. So head on over to Melissa's blog for the recipe!
Thanks, Melissa, for a sweet pick!
P.S. These biscuits are dense and sweet. So don't think you did anything wrong if that's how they turn out. If your looking for light and flaky, I suggest trying the buttermilk version of the basic biscuit on page 21. Can you say KFC? Because they taste just like those biscuits AND they are easy to make!
6 comments:
Your biscuits look yummy!
Thank you for your thoughts on these biscuits - I wish Dorie had explained what to expect from these. I made 3 batches expecting them to rise tall and be really light and fluffy... I kept thinking I was doing something wrong. I'm definitely trying Dorie's buttermilk version next!
Mine weren't that dense. Maybe b/c I used AP flour+cake flour. Then again you've got me intrigued by KFC biscuits. Mmm... biscuits.
-CB
http://iheartfood4thought.com
Your biscuits look very good! Im glad you enjoyed the recipe. I sure did!
Guess I need to try that buttermilk version! Nice job.
these were easy. and good. yours look great.
Mine didn't rise much the first time. added extra baking powder 2nd time, still not much rise. But they were tasty.
Post a Comment