Sunday, March 14, 2010

Oh, Give Me A Home

It seems like I have fallen off the blogosphere except for the occasional Tuesday's with Dorie post.  A lot has happened in the past three weeks: some of it was in our control and some of it was not.  We have been blessed through each event and each little storm cloud has had its silver lining.

Here is a sample of the things we have been doing lately that have been in our control:

BEFORE


AFTER


Landon and Brother Tidwell building our front fence with the "help" of Jonathan and Erik.







This is is the first time I've done painting by myself.  I felt satisfied after all the hard work was over.



And the best part about living here is the view from our bedroom balcony.




5 comments:

The McBride Family said...

What a GREAT VIEW!!! :)

Becky Clinton said...

Shut up!! That is so close! Can't wait to see the final "after" shots. Congratulations on the new digs.

Elaine said...

Isn't it fun to fix up your very own house? Kent and I love it! We're almost finished with all the projects around our house, not sure what we'll do next. Maybe help my daughter and her husband with the house they just bought.

Just be sure to take lots of "before" pictures so you'll be able to appreciate the "afters".

Keeler Klan said...

Breath-taking! How awesome for you guys. Now that you're really not moving again for awhile, we REALLY need to plan a girls trip! :)

Corri said...

Fantastic view! I hope you are enjoying life out of the military :-) (I'm sure you are!) I was ready to start up Dorie again only to find out I was kicked out. I guess traveling, an overseas move and pregnancy don't make up for 5 months of missing recipies ;-) I think I'll bake along although I'm not an offical member. Good luck with your renovations. Its a lot of work!