The cacti didn't fit and I wanted to get rid of them, but I didn't want to kill them. Luckily, our neighbors wanted them. They are moving to a three-acre lot in July and have plenty of room for them. So on Friday night, Landon and I got to work on the front yard. Removing the cacti was by far the most difficult part.
She's a BIG beauty--just not in my front yard.
Hooray for a man who is not afraid of a few cacti thorns! He did come away with a few battle wounds.
We also did a lot of other work that evening and the next day. We trimmed the hedges, cut off the dead portions of the aloe vera plant, raked leaves, and pulled a few weeds. We also put decorative rocks around the trees and shrubs and bought some pretty planters and flowers for the front porch. The crowning event was when Landon and Brother Tidwell finished building the front fence.
Our front yard looks a lot better and it felt great to work outside in the beautiful weather. So what's left for the front yard? We still need to trim the trees, pull up the aloe plant (after she's bloomed), fertilize the grass and plant some flowers. When it's all finished, I'll post some pictures of the changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment