Everyday events, memories, and thoughts of the members of the Mortensen family.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Tuesday's with Dorie: To Sub or Not to Sub--That Is The Quesiton
The option of making the Coconut Tea Cake for Easter was given, so I'll be making the cake this weekend. This means that today I should technically be posting about the Mocha-Walnut Marbled Bundt Cake. The only thing is we don't drink coffee here. I did buy some hot cocoa with the thought of substituting it for the coffee. Then I planned on using cinnamon instead of espresso, but I don't want the recipe to be a flop. What do you think? Should I make a last ditch effort to make this cake with these substitutes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If you make it make a glaze for the top, I wish I would have.
Personally, I think just the chocolate alone would be a nice way to fill the cake. I did the mocha and liked it, but I believe you could do with out it. I didn't do a glaze, but it would be REALLY good with one! But then...what cake wouldn't, right? :o)
I don't like coffee desserts so I used 1/4 cup water with 1 TBSP cocoa powder in place of the coffee/espresso powder. It turned out great!
Post a Comment