I made these biscuits for a dinner that I had on Sunday and they were a hit! I made them in the morning and tried one hot just to see if they really did taste better if you let them sit as Dorie suggests. They weren't bad hot, but then I waited the suggested 15 minutes. They were better. Much more "potato-y" as she says.
By the time dinner came around it had probably been eight hours. And, in my opinion, they were even better--much better! My three-year old said it all when he took his first bite. "mmmMMMMMmmmm" The next day his search for another biscuit was met with disappointment when I informed him that they were all gone. Note to self: double the recipe next time!
Thanks, Erin of Prudence Pennywise for chosing this recipe. I'll definitely be making these for Thanksgiving. Be sure to check out her blog for the recipe!
4 comments:
Well excellent that everyone enjoyed the biscuits! They look great. I added chocolate chips to mine!
They look great! I smiled when I read the part about doubling the recipe...my boys are 16 and 17 now and doubling is just a start with things like this! Mine didn't last a day, they were popping them right and left, warm, cold, with butter, without, they loved them. I figured, oh, well, all that sweet potato is good for them! Are you preparing yourself for teenage boy eaters??? It's coming... On the other hand, they are always very appreciative!
I'm glad they were so popular. I will definitely be making these again during Thanksgiving.
They look great.
My 19 year old walking Food Disposal is reason enuff to double and/or triple almost everything.
Post a Comment