I've never liked exercising. I don't like feeling sore or like I'm going to puke. Plus, I've never really known what I was doing. Well, a few months ago Landon and I went on a cruise (Russia, Estonia, Sweden) and just for fun we took a body composition test. Well, it wasn't fun. Not even one bit. I was shocked and dismayed at the results. When the trainer reported that I needed to gain a lot of muscle by lifting heavy weights and that "hopefully" I would be able to do this so that I didn't become a shaky old grandma, I was a bit stunned.
I was also almost brought to tears by the percentage of body fat that I had. I knew I had a few pounds of baby weight to loose, but the percentage was seriously unexpected. (Please don't ask, because I just won't tell you. Not on this blog.) You see, most of my life I was seriously underweight. People even asked me if I was anorexic. (Very rude by the way--and if I had been, did they really think I'd say yes?) I was very proud of myself when I finally became a normal size at twenty-five.
Here I am now, on a twelve-week exercise/nutrition plan. I've done it for five weeks now. I really love the food and working out hasn't been bad. I have a lot more energy and I feel pretty good. The only problem is I don't think I am pushing myself hard enough. My goal is to gain 7+ lbs of muscle and get down to 15% body fat. I hope that by publishing this post, I'll be more motivated to push myself harder and make every workout really count.
Wish me luck.
7 comments:
Good luck Janell! Being on the opposite side of the spectrum (always heavy) I completely feel your pain! You can do it though!!!
You know what stinks? About a month before I got pregnant with Ethan, and again this time, I got super motivated to work out and stick with it! Of course pregnancy messes that up! However, I think it's awesome that you are doing this and after this baby is born, I want to know the program info! :D
Thanks Monica! I know you are super dedicated (getting up at 4:45 and all). You're an inspiration to me!
Nina,
I know what you mean, although I have quit before without being pregnant! I'll let you know the program info. when you are ready.
Hear, hear! I hate exercising too. I keep looking for a way to loose weight that doesn't involve exercising, dieting, or taking some kind of pill. Still looking... :)
Maree,
Have you tried hypnosis? ;)
Good luck! Set a goal, like running a 5K or something! It always keeps me motivated and gives me something to look forward to! I've been trying to lift weights lately too, and it shocks me how much I lack in upper body strength.
Thanks Cherie! I've thought about running a 5K. Maybe I will. I do hate running though!
Post a Comment