On Friday (the day before my birthday), Landon let me take a nap while he watched the kids and cleaned up the downstairs. It was very nice of him. I was so tired and not motivated at all so I greatly appreciated it. Then he took me out to an Italian restaurant and we went shopping. I'm always asking him to go shopping with me, but he doesn't like to go. He knew that it would make my day, and it did!
If you're wondering why we did this on Friday, it's because he was trying to surprise me. I found out what he was doing though.
The next day he made me breakfast in bed and before he could go and get me a cake, my sweet visiting teachers brought me this delicious cake and a book/CD written by Hilary Weeks. They are such thoughtful friends.
Jonathan told me that his present to me was actually a favor. A favor is like a present, he informed me. His favor was he was going to make sure that there were no cobwebs or spiders in the house. He came up with this idea because he though I'd like something clean on my birthday. Isn't that great!?!
What a wonderful birthday it was!
2 comments:
I'm glad you had such an awesome birthday! That cake looks yummy and just the right size.
What a thoughtful gift Jonathan gave you. That will be a sweet memory for you when he's a moody teenager.
Happy birthday. Gotta love it when the boys clean. Did you have to re-clean? ;-)
Post a Comment