The main gift the boys got from us this year was a trampoline. They got some great gifts from both sets of grandparents too, a car track with cars, army outfits and figurines, books, doggie banks, pajamas etc. They also got Iron Man robots from us, and a couple of Wii games. It's sooo hard not to spoil kids at Christmas. It's just a lot of fun seeing them open gifts.
One thing we did for Christmas this year was make some gifts for family members. Since we usually take the boys to the Home Depot workshop on Saturdays, we thought we'd give some of those creations away.
For the grandparents, we gave them a picture frame with a picture of the boys in it. We had fun staining the frames together durning FHE.
I really need to learn how to take better pictures. Those white spots were not on the picture frame!
We also made spice racks, and added some fun and useful spices to them. We decided to give these to Auntie Kristen and Auntie Nina. Landon and I stained these ourselves because it needed to get done and shipped off before Christmas. The staining job didn't turn out as well as the picture frame because of the wood glue. We won't be using the glue in the future! I even sanded it down a lot, but it just didn't look like I had imagined it would in the end. It was still a lot of fun and we'll definitely make gifts for family members again next year.
For Landon's gift this year, I had his windshield replaced an a radio/CD player installed in his car. That should make the drives home from work a little more interesting!
I got some pregnancy workout videos (it's just too hard to do anything at the gym these days), a skirt, and a book about magnesium and some supplements. I know, I know, I'm such a nerd, but truth be told, I was having a VERY hard time thinking of anything I wanted ANYTHING I wanted for Christmas this year!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
1 comment:
Tanks and violins?? Where did you get these two?
Post a Comment