Monday, December 13, 2010

USAA Children's Christmas Party

On Saturday, we went to the USAA Children's Christmas Party.   As we were arriving, Erik said, "This is were Daddy lives!"  Landon clarified things for him.  :)


One of the first  things we did was go to a play put on my the Magik Theater here in town.  They performed, "If You Give A Moose A Muffin."  If was really well done.  They had us and the kids in stitches.  It was much better than the Junie B. Jones play we went to (also by the Magik Theater) on Wednesday.  I was bored out of my mind and the kids got restless and didn't laugh much.  I never did care too much for the Junie B. series.


The kids played games, ate cotton candy, and had their pictures taken with Santa Clause.





They got a ton of loot to put into the backpacks that the kids got upon arriving.  

When we tried to convince the boys that they should have their pictures taken with the soldiers on stilts, they about had a fit.  Erik buried his face into the back of my legs and Jonathan tried running away from Landon.  I guess it was too scary to stand next to such tall people.


They were a little better with Santa, although Erik still needed Landon to go stand by him.  (I cut him out of the picture.)


Finally, Santa convinced Erik to sit on his lap.


After all that and lunch, we went to show the boys Daddy's work place.  None of us had actually  been there before.


On the way there, Erik was fascinated by these structures:


After asking who built them, he answered his own question by saying, "Bob the Builder built it."

We missed the Stone Oak party with Santa arriving on a helicopter and the man-made snow, but really enjoyed this one.  Maybe next year!





1 comment:

The Grows said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I wish I could have got Lexi to sit on Santa's lap at our ward Christmas party but she just doesn't really like strange men. I guess that is a good thing though.