For the longest time Jonathan would ask me to find violins on the radio or if he heard violins playing, he would let me know. He then started to ask me multiple times a day if he could play my violin. I liked that he had the interest, but since it's such a delicate and expensive instrument, I really didn't want him to play it.
Finally we broke down and bought him a quarter-sized violin. I wanted to take advantage of his interest even though he is so young. We won't be starting any lessons until after the baby is born. I hope he doesn't loose his interest before then!
When Erik saw that Jonathan got a violin he promptly told us, "Not one violin, TWO violins!" He was very upset and was letting us know that we had make a mistake in only buying one violin instead of two! That is why he got a one-sixteenth-sized box violin in his stocking for Christmas. He seemed so pleased. You may have seen the video already, but I thought it was funny that Jonathan was quick to point out that it was "wood" (he meant cardboard). It was as if he was telling Erik that it wasn't real. We had to step in quickly and explain that it was Erik's "practice violin" so that Erik wouldn't be disappointed!
Going back to when Jonathan first got his violin, I was upstairs on the computer one day when I heard, "One, two, three, GO!" The next thing I knew, Jonathan was playing his violin and Erik accompanying him on the piano. It was very cute! They were so proud of themselves. Later they wanted me to join in and insisted that I play the guitar. So we jammed out together!
I really have no idea how this is going to play out, but hopefully they will keep their love of music and develop their abilities.
No comments:
Post a Comment