I really like Dacquoise. I had never even heard of it until this recipe. It's kinds of like a meriangue or angel food cake with a nut flavor. The roasted pineapple and toasted coconut are like icing on the cake!
I have to admit that I had some trouble with the white chocolate ganache. But after reading the P & Qs, I realized I was not the only one. Was it a glitch in the recipe perhaps? I can't wait to read other posts to find out. Anyway, I ended up making some whip cream to go on top, since my ganache was so thin.
I thought this recipe was really delicious. Thanks, Andrea of Andrea in the kitchen, for choosing this one!
3 comments:
Looks great!
I had never heard of a dacquoise either.
Yours looks great.
Your dacquoise turned out really well! I'd never heard of dacquoise either and it was the first time I made a meringue. I'm glad you loved the flavor too!
Post a Comment