Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Solo and Ensemble

Jonathan played at his first Solo and Ensemble on January 26, 2013.
Below is the medal he earned.


He played Lightly Row my memory and received a I which is the best score you can earn. (You have to play it by memory to qualify for a I.)
I honestly have to say that his performance was the best I had heard him play!  He sounded great!


Below are some of my students who participated: Danae and Shelby (and her sister Emma--who plays viola and is not my student).  They all got Is as well. I have another student who is in middle school (this was at one of the middle schools in the district).  She played "The Two Grenadiers" and I accompanied her.  Not only did she receive a I, but she was one of 6 students from her judge who was chosen to receive an outstanding which came with an additional reward.  I was so proud of her and all of her hard work and dedication to practicing.


The whole experience was very positive for everyone!

No comments: