This Chirstmas season, I had the opportunity to play Handel's Messiah with the West Stake. There was a lot of difficult music to learn, but it was a positive experience. I have new appreciation for Handel's Messiah and will now play a recording of it every year at Christmas time.
We did other fun things like make gingerbread men and
gingerbread houses.
We have a tradition of opening a new game to play on Christmas Eve. This year we got Hungry Hippos. The kids loved it and even Ella was able to participate.
Of course we got new pajamas and made cookies for Santa.
It's always fun on Christmas morning to watch the kids open their gifts.
Oh was Ella ever pleased to get this toy violin. It even came with a case. But alas she soon figured out that it didn't make any sound and was back to insisting on playing Erik's violin.
Landon surprised me with a really great gift this year: a carbon fiber bow! I also got Peter Infeld strings. Oh what a difference in sound it makes!
We also had a GREAT Christmas Program at church. I stressed a lot about it, but it finally all came together. We used the "Promise of Bethlehem" script and the music turned out beautifully too! The ward choir is really flourishing. We probably have 35 people in it and they are so dedicated and talented. I love having the opportunity of directing them! I feel so blessed to be in this ward.
We also had a Stake Musical Fireside. It was fun to hear all of the different instruments used and the talented members of our stake perform. I had the opportunity of accompanying Jeff Case on the Euphonium as he played O, Holy Night. That's one instrument you don't get to hear in sacrament meeting!
It was a wonderful Christmas season!
No comments:
Post a Comment