Around the island the boy and the girl traveled...
 |
| Pali Lookout |
 |
| The Dole Plantation had such tasty Pineapple Ice Cream! |
 |
| Opening an oyster. There was a black pearl inside. |
 |
| Hanauma Bay |
 |
| Diamond Head |
 |
| Halona Blowhole--water sprays 30 feet into the air. It's hard to capture on film. |
 |
| LDS Temple. At the visitor's center I saw Mark Eubank and shook his hand. He and his wife were serving a mission there. If you're from Utah you know who that is! |
|
|
|
until they ended up at the Polynesian Cultural Center. What fun!
 |
| At the Luau |
 |
| This Samoan guy started a fire with with sticks and then lit the coconut husk on fire. |
 |
| Can your man climb a tree? |
 |
| Posing for the camera...I think this pose was "April." Boy those Samoans made me laugh. |
 |
| Only real men do the cooking. The record for husking a coconut (a common use in cooking)= 3 seconds (for man). For woman--3 days. LOL! |
 |
| Landon got to join in on the action. |
 |
| He also got to start a fire with sticks! |
 |
| Not an easy task! |
The River Parade
 |
| "Hang Loose" |
 |
| I LOVE leis! |
That night the students of BYU-H put on a fantastic production, but no pictures were allowed. Even though the students worked hard to entertain the crowd, the girl could not resist the Sandman and the time difference and found herself falling asleep. She felt so impolite.
3 comments:
We totally went on the same vacation just a little bit later than you. I wish we had gone together! I hope to post soon.
Wow, Janell--beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful time. :) And you look so cute in all of the pictures, too--love the Hawaiian leis and flowers in your hair!
It's so fun to wear the leis and flowers in my hair. I felt so relaxed there too. :)
Now if I could only get the last part of the trip posted. The pictures were lost when our laptop when berserk!
Post a Comment