Tuesday, August 9, 2011

TWD: Carrot Spice Muffins

These Carrot Spice Muffins are quite lovely without the carrots!  My family liked them so much, I made them three times in the space of a few days.  The third time I added in the carrots.  Still good, but a lot of work for something that, in my opinion, downgrades the flavor of the muffin.



Thanks to Nancy of The Dogs Eat Crumbs for choosing this week's recipe!

5 comments:

Tia said...

great job! ps. you are beautiful

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I shredded my carrots in a mini food processor and it was really no work. If I had to do it by hand, I would think twice.

Nicole said...

So did they just taste like spice cake without the carrots? I think I would like that! I liked these and think they would also be good with pineapple or apple added in.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

How fun that you made the carrot muffins sans carrots! As good as the batter was, I can see that these would be good with or without the add-ins, including the carrots. I'm glad they were a hit at your house. Thanks for baking along with me this week.

Unknown said...

I thought the batter was delicious before I added the carrots, so I agree! If I make them again I will use very finely grated carrots so they blend in better, and more spices. They look yummy!