Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesdays with Dorie: Nutty Chocolaty Swirly Sour Cream Bunt Cake

Actually, my cake turned out to be a Nutty Chocolaty Swirly Sour Cream Scooby Doo Cake!  I needed to make a cake for my son's birthday, so I made the TWD recipe of the week--two birds, one stone!

The birthday boy helped me make it.  He had the important roll of supervising and tasting.  He loved the flavors and was excited that it was his cake.  I loved this cake too, as did the other people who had it at the party.  It's very flavorful. I especially liked the orange flavor--you don't get that often in a cake...at least not in a birthday cake!

I did omit the raisins.  I didn't have any and I figured who puts raisins in a birthday cake anyway?  Thanks to Jennifer of Cooking for Comfort for a fabulous pick!



8 comments:

Sarah said...

I wish I had been able to eat this, it looked so tasty!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

How neat! Glad everyone enjoyed it! :)

Nichicakes said...

that is the best looking bundt cake EVER! hehe love me some scooby doo! happy b-day to your little one!

Flourchild said...

Yipeee for Scooby!! Im glad you liked the cake..it was so good and Im so glad I cut the recipe in half....Im afraid I would have ate the entire cake!

Jennifer said...

I would have to agree about raisins in a birthday cake. Not good!

Your scooby doo cake looks fabulous!

Thanks for baking along with me!

Tia said...

wow... way to go with killing 2 bords with one stone!

Pamela said...

No raisins in birthday cake!! Ever! :-). Nice job on this one!

Marcela Fedderson said...

Great job sis! The cake looks amazing.