This year we decided to have Jonathan's party at Champion Martial Arts where he, Erik, and his Dad take Tae Kwon Do. The instructors took care of everything except the pizza and the cake (although they did pick up the pizza for us which was nice). Best of all, it was free!
It was hard for Jonathan to wait for his birthday because he was so excited. We had to tell him how many more sleeps until his party and everyday he would count down. He even tried to count Erik's naps a couple of times to make it go faster. Once he even said that he was going to ask Jesus to make it dark so that bedtime would come sooner. I told him that Jesus wouldn't make it dark faster because he wanted him to learn patience.
Jonathan got to be an honorary black belt for the weekend. Every time Mr. Lopez needed a volunteer, the black belt was chosen.
Mr. Lopez is very good with little kids. He had them under control, giggling, and smiling the whole time.
Somehow Jonathan managed to win the first round of every game. :)
Look at these tough kicks!
I can't believe how high he can kick!
The friends who made it were Erik, Aidan and Ava, Brayden, James, Michael, Tommmy and Tyli, William and Weston.
These kids never ran out of energy. It was amazing! They definitely slept well that night!
A few months ago, Jonathan was looking though his baby book and saw that I made this cake for his 1st birthday. He requested that I make it again. The whole time I was making it he kept saying that it was the best birthday and birthday cake ever! He was so delighted.
Mr. Lopez told a story about three warriors who had to face a challenge to become the next king. The first two warriors (the other two instructors) were very strong, but didn't pass the test. When the third warrior--Jonathan--went to face the challenge (a 5,000 pound bag of rocks, sticks and everything you can imagine that is scary like snakes and spiders) he stepped out of the way instead of cutting the bag to pieces like the other two warriors. The king told the warrior that he won the challenge because he used his mind and avoided danger and that is more important than being really strong. So the warrior became the king and got to cut the cake with the sword.
The kids were totally captivated by the story and at one point when Mr. Lopez asked the what else could be in the bag that is scary. Jonathan said, "Nothing. I BRAVE!" We adults that that was very cute and funny.
Happy Birthday, Jonathan! We love you!
3 comments:
Now that looked like an awesome boy party. The cake was great too, you are talented. I especially like taht he prayed for it to get dark faster. SO funny!!!
Very cute party. I've VERY impressed with how high Jonathan can kick as well. WOW!
That looks like so much fun! I didn't know that you guys were taking TKD. Happy Birthday, Jonathan!
Post a Comment