Saturday, September 26, 2009

An Old Random Record of Thoughts and Events 7/1/09

Our household goods were packed out almost one month ago.  On Friday, our air shipment will go.  The house looks empty and it feels strange.  I haven't lived in any one place longer than this one since I left my parents house fourteen years ago.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About a week ago, Erik started to say uh oh.  He also said bye bye.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obama visited the area the day before D-day.  He flew into Ramstein and then was driven to Landstuhl to visit some soldiers.  The base shut down for this and Landon got to come home early.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A friend of mine is married to a Navy Seal.  Apparently, Obama couldn't make the decision to go after the pirates.  Finally the commander of the seals said he'd take the blame if something went wrong, but to let them go in.  I find this scary.  Such a small issue in comparison to things like Iran and North Korea.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jonathan is making a lot of progress in swimming.  He submerges his head and "swims" under water, and can back float with support.  The other day, a twelve-year-old girl befriended him.  Boy was he busy showing off for her.  He was jumping into the water and going all the way down until his bottom hit the ground.  He was swimming and swimming and swimming under water.  When she left to go ask her mom, a lifeguard, a question, he asked, "Where did the lady go?"  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously worried about the direction our country is heading and the state of our economy.

1 comment:

Nina said...

Ok, granted I'm hormonal from pregnancy, but- Last night I broke down crying when I was thinking about a bunch of things happening in our country. I picked up Glen Beck's new book while in Deseret Book and read the back cover... I highly recommend it, but it also made me really sad. He is one of the few people coming out and saying "let's get rid of the politics and just do the right(and intelligent) thing!" (to paraphrase) Yeah... very frustrated. Way too many people in high places who have scary agendas!

That's awesome about Jonathon's swimming! I think next summer we are going to do lessons with Ethan and I can't wait!