Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie: Fresh Mango Bread


I love breads with fruit or veggies in them: banana bread, Hawaiian bread, zucchini bread, raisin bread, carrot cake.  Okay, so that last one isn't a bread, but close enough, right? That is probably why really enjoyed this bread!  I've always loved mangoes, and what a great idea to put it in bread.  

It was very easy to make and it tastes really delicious!  I loved the flavor of  the ginger, cinnamon and zest mixed with the mango.  I did have to add a little wheat flour because I ran out of white and I added lemon zest instead of lime.  I figured it wouldn't make much of a difference.

I did have to bake it for longer than 1.5 hours--a lot longer--and the knife never did come out clean.  Finally, I just used a toothpick to check it and it came out clean.  Did anyone else have this problem?

Thank you Kelly of Baking with the Boys for a delightful pick! Be sure to visit her blog for the recipe.

/div>

5 comments:

Teanna said...

I LOVED this bread!!!! Yours looks so delicious!!!

Cristine said...

Your bread looks great! Glad you enjoyed it. Weird that the knife never came out clean. Hmmmm.....

chocolatechic said...

Yours looks wonderful.

I added in some cinnamon chips.

Anonymous said...

Your bread looks soo moist, it's hard to believe you had to bake it a long time! I love breads with fruits or veggies too (except for raisin)! =)

Nathan and Amy said...

Mmmm that does look good, and I just love Mangos. Mangos and sweet rice is my favorite! I love the pictures of your boys. They are just adorable.