Monday, May 11, 2009

Polish Pottery

In March, I had the opportunity to go to Poland to shop for pottery.  Everyone who lives here has to go at least once.  People, mostly Americans, come by the bus load to Boleslawiec take part in viewing and buying the beautiful craftmanship that is presented in the many pottery shops that line the streets of this small Polish town.  Here are a a few of the pieces I purchased:








It was very difficult deciding what to choose because there were so many beautiful pieces.  This is what it looked like in some of the shops.  

This is David and Soo-Jin Laanui.  They, along with Beth and Ethan Meldrom, Megan Shafer and I all drove together.  Ethan and David were troopers for driving us the whole way and through the middle of the night.  I was glad that they came with us.




No comments: