This past Saturday, we completed a triathlon as a family. Our goal was to finish especially considering that the boys JUST learned to ride their bikes without training wheels and just learned to swim without drowning. :) We thought it would be good exposure for them and a good starting point and it was! Although it was hard, they loved it. It didn't hurt that after the race there was a slip-and-slide, pizza, popcorn, snow cones and face painting. Jonathan said, "It's a party and we're like kings--we can do what want!"
Erik had to swim 25 yards, bike .88 miles, and run 1/2 mile.
Jonathan had to swim 100 yards, bike 3.5 miles and run a 1K.
Landon and I had to swim 150 yards, bike 5.5 miles and run a 2K.
This is a friend I made at the race. We called ourselves the "Turtle Team" ha ha!
I am sooooooooo proud of my boys for competing, finishing and WANTING to do it again!
1 comment:
Wow--good for you guys!! That sounds like a great family event!
Post a Comment