I put the pictures on the PC (since there is something wrong with the Mac CD driver), but the PC crashed and had to be wiped clean. Not a big deal since I had the CD and the negatives, right? Well the negatives had sticky fingerprints on them from little hands and I couldn't find the CD.
Months go by and one day I magically find the CD in the toy room. I was delighted that it turned up! I download the pictures again, but I could NOT get them to be right side up (permanently anyway). I decided to try a couple of programs like Smilebox and finally end up using Picasa. It was pretty easy to use expect for ONE little button that is supposed to be pushed at the end. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I couldn't save the collage. Landon finally helped me figure it out and voila! A collage!
I really like doing a collage for pictures like this.
This first group of pictures is of us snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. I wanted to try snorkeling for a long time. I was excited to finally get the chance. It was a little harder than I expected. There was a natural tendency to want to stand up or be vertical, but if that happens you end up stepping on the corral reef! Once I got the hang of it, it was fun!
Next, we had our 007 trip out the a more remote part of the ocean and went on these submersible scooters. The scooters don't require any special breathing lessons or equipment. You are able to breathe in the "helmet" because of the bell theory. It's like putting a cup upside down in a sink full of water. A seal is formed and no water enters and you stay dry and can breathe normally.
I only wish I wasn't so stubborn and had taken some Dramamine. As soon as the boat stopped, I felt really sea sick. Going under water wasn't as fun as I had hoped it would be. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with feeling terrible. However, it was such a beautiful view and it was really amazing being down there. It's not something you get to see or experience unless you are a scuba diver. That part I really liked.
Aloha Oahu. Next time...MAUI!


No comments:
Post a Comment