Monday, January 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

My parents came to visit us at the beginning of November.  They went on a Caribbean Cruise, and when they got back, they watched our kids while we went to Hawaii (more on that another day).  Then we spent Thanksgiving together.  It was great having my parents here!  It's always nice to have family during Thanksgiving.  It's one of my favorite holidays.


We cook the bird upside down.  It's not as beautiful this way, but it comes out oh, so moist!


We have a lot to be grateful for.  The year 2011 was a wonderful one for us.  Not that there weren't any difficulties, but we felt extremely blessed this year.

Here are the highlights:

-Miss Ella joined our family!  (Via a *VHBA2C none the less!  That was a faith-building experience!)
-My two best friends from high school came to visit me (post to come)!
-We sold the 4-plex (post to come--another faith-building experience).
-Landon passed his test.  He was one of two who passed out of 13 who took the test at USAA.  Many of whom had previously taken the test.  I feel this was a direct a result of the post I'll be writing about concerning the sale of the 4-plex.  Confusing you say?  Just wait and you'll see how it ties together.
-We went to Hawaii! (post to come!)
-We finally ordered shutters--only five more weeks until they get installed!
-Jonathan started kindergarten and he is loving it and doing well.  :)  He has a great teacher!
-Jonathan finally started violin lessons in November.  He had to wait almost an entire year since the time he got his violin.  I love hearing his progress and it is so cute to see him try to teach Erik what he is learning.  He also asked me to teach him piano.  I couldn't believe it!  He has matured a lot since he started KDG.  (But don't worry--he's still his goofy, energetic self with his own agenda.)
-I got that buffet you can see in the first picture at a Parade of Homes that I went to here in Stone Oak.  I had been looking and looking for one to fit in that space, but everything was too big, too expensive or not to my liking.  When I went to the P of H, the very first home had this piece of furniture in it.  I loved it and I noticed a sign that said, "All furniture 50% off."  Luckily no one else had spoken for it and was a perfect fit!

And those were just the highlights!

*Vaginal Home Birth After 2 Cesarians

1 comment:

Shelly Linford said...

I'm glad your year has gone so well!