It took part of two Saturdays to complete: one to build it and another to paint. It could have been accomplished in one Saturday if we hadn't had so many other things to do.
Of course the boys helped their Dad. I don't know how he would he have done it without them. Erik measured everything to make sure the dimensions were up to the correct specifications.
I didn't get pictures of Jonathan and his contribution to the shelf, but he took the level tool and made sure everything was level. When the air bubble was not exactly in the middle, so you could hear him saying, "This is bad. This is bad. This is bad." Then he felt compelled to come up with a reason that it wasn't perfect, and he let us know all about it. The story he came up with was something about a ghost that was messing everything up.
I had my doubts about the whole project, but I'm happy with how it turned out and very proud of Landon (and the boys, of course) for building it! I love how things are some much more organized, there are no more toys in the boys' room, and there are still empty baskets for room to grow--not that we need anymore toys!
7 comments:
Oh that's ADORABLE!! We have something similar in our girls playroom and it's been GREAT!!! Great Job Mortensen boys! :)
That is awesome!
LOVE IT! Someday... when we get the boys' room painted(which will be a project in itself!) I'm going to put up floating shelves and hopefully something kind of like this. :) For now, we have about 10 toys out at a time and we rotate. The rest are in a big jumbled box in the closet!
I have been looking at buying the Ikea one for months but I wanted one that was three tall. Not two, four, or five like they have at Ikea. Do you think you guys could come by and build one for me too? I love it.
I love it. Where did you get your baskets to put in it? Are they canvas?
Yes, they are canvas. I got them at Target. I'm thinking about getting some more to organize other parts of my house. I love baskets!
So cute! Your husband (and boys, of course) deserve a big pat on the back. :)
Post a Comment