Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie: Blueberry Pie

I don't know that I had ever even had blueberry pie before I made this one, but it sounded so good I just had to make it.  I figured Thanksgiving week was the perfect time to try it since we were allowed to do a "rewind."


My family really enjoyed this pie in all its blueberry goodness with its flaky, buttery crust.  It's definitely a keeper.


I mentioned to my OB that I had made a blueberry pie for Thanksgiving.  She told me about her famous "Mile High, Blueberry Pie" and I thought some of the components sounded like something I'd love to try.  One things she adds to her pie is a layer of cream cheese on the bottom.  YUM!  She also makes a sauce with smashed blueberries, water and cornstarch and cooks it on the stove.  I really love it when pies have a sauce made from the berries of the pie.

This pie doesn't need any playing around to taste good, but these changes sound too good not to try!

No comments: