Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm Too Sexy

...or rather, they're all to sexy for me!  I have been wanting to  buy a swimsuit for a while now so I can take Erik swimming during Jonathan's lessons.  I refuse to buy one online (the ones I saw online were ugly anyway) and there aren't any at the BX yet.  So today I tried my luck on the local economy.  

First I went to H&M.  I love their clothes, so I thought it would be a safe bet.  They only had bikinis.  I did pass by another store on the way to H&M that had swimsuits, but they were all ugly and 50 Euro to boot.  Needless to say, I kept on walking.  Next, I decided to try Karstadt.  It is a department store after all.  I found some cute one pieces and some tankini's (is that what they're called?) and decided to try them on.  Unfortunately for me, the were all seriously low cut. What am I trying to do here, swim with my kids, or attract a man?  

*sigh*

I guess I'll just have to wait for the BX to get on the ball and hope they have something decent and cute.  Am I asking too much?

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Janell, do what I do, order online but get one size up and one size down. Then you can find the one that works and return the rest. The bonus is getting to try them on in the privacy of your own home. I have had great luck with Target and Old Navy. Unfortunately my last order at Old Navy took over 1 month to get here. `

Maryann said...

Swim suits are so hard to buy. I was trying to find a maternity one last year and thought it was strange that they would be so low cut as well...

Good luck in the search.

seanandmichelle said...

I love H&M! That is too bad they only had bikinis.

The Mortensens said...

I'll have to check out Target and Old Navy. Thanks for the advice!

Kirtsdeman said...

Ug. Worst days of the year: swimsuit shopping and bra shopping! I hear you! Keep trying... :(

-Amberly

Melanie said...

Kardstadt sometimes has some! and they sell them year round.