Please note that this is my blog and my opinion. If you have strong feelings about one candidate or the other, you may not want to read this post. If you do, and would like to comment, that is fine...but please keep it civil.
First of all, I have to admit that I have never felt such great anxiety over an election before. Yes, actual anxiety. I didn't even feel this way when the election in 2000 was was drawn out for so long. This time, I am seriously worried about the state of our Union--either way.
McCain/Palin
Let me start by saying I was a Mitt Romney fan from the beginning. He had a great record of turning things around, balancing budgets, and he was a squeaky clean--probably about as squeaky clean as any politician will get, he loves America and he is a Mormon. I admit--unlike others who like to hide reasons why they are endorsing certain candidates--that it was a neat idea that our country could move beyond the religious prejudice it once had against people of the "Mormon" faith, but alas, this was proven false from the beginning in Iowa. Of course, I was worried that if he did get elected, any dumb thing he did would be misconstrued, and many people would blame his membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I digress.
McCain: He has been too liberal for me in the past on some of his positions (amnesty for example), but I have no doubt that he truly loves America.
Palin: On the radio the other day, I heard an older Republican woman say that she thought Palin was, "an inexperienced little girl." This infuriated me. First of all, she is a GROWN woman with five children, AND THE GOVERNOR OF ALASKA. She is only two or three years younger than Obama. You have to admit that if she were a man, we would not be having this discussion. Also, she is not going to be President. She will be VP. It is highly unlikely that McCain will die the first day in office like everyone makes it sound.
I do worry that there will be a lot of riots from Obama worshipers if McCain wins. I hope this is not the case. I also think that we are headed into an economic downturn no matter who wins. No one will be able to magically turn things around. The entire world is headed in this direction. Here in Germany we have experienced one economic plus: the dollar has become a lot stronger in the past couple of months. Can you believe it? It must mean that Europe is not doing all that well, and if you listen to the news you already know that the Asian markets have taken a downturn.

Obama/Biden: I believe the future of this nation is at stake if Obama is elected. His ties with radical people who do not love America scare me, as do his military policies. The fact that leaders of unfriendly countries are hoping he wins is not a good sign. His economic policies are aimed at and mislead the masses, and his narcissistic personality, coupled with the undying loyalty of some of his supporters and the media, is something that should be greatly feared. I was somewhat reluctant to publish this post incase Obama wins. Paranoid you say? Perhaps. But there is already a "truth squad" that was formed by some sherifs and prosecutors in Missouri to go after anyone who "engages in any misleading ads or statements about Senator Obama." What's next?
Biden: This guy cracks me up. He is always saying something that he shouldn't. First he said that he ABSOLUTELY DID NOT want to be chosen as VP, but if he [Obama] asked him of course he would if he [Obama] thought that picking him would help him win. Then he says that Hilary is just as qualified if not more qualified than him to be VP. This was after he was chosen to be the veep. In an interview with Obama and Biden, Biden was asked what he thought of Palin as the VP choice on the Republican ticket. He answered that he really didn't know her, and that he was still trying to figure out why Obama chose him to be VP. This guy is too much. More recently he said that if Obama is elected, he guarantees that the world is going to test him in the first six months. Why did Obama pick this guy???
This country is divided. No matter who wins, we will still have our differences of opinions. Let's just hope that we don't "fall" because of our division.
P.S.
In all seriousness did you know that Shakespeare borrowed real text from witches to write M****** a.k.a. "The Scottish Play?" I just have one word for this: SCARY.




4 comments:
Your political views mirror mine, How is that possible? Genes? Love You, Dad
Well I'm not related but I also agree with you and I'm nervous to see what happens now that we have President Elect Obama... :)
Great post. I love reading what people think about this election. I am a little scared and extremely nervous about an Obama presidency. I hope things work out.....
Great post, as usual. Look to our blog in the next couple of days for my thoughts on the election (it will be a more theoretical examination of why liberals and conservatives believe the way they do, and why Mormons tend to be politically conservative).
Sean
Post a Comment